terça-feira, 15 de setembro de 2015

GOING BACK TO OURSELVES

Eliseo Fernandez/Reuters

As I was walking down the street today, I realized that I had forgotten where I came from, and who I truly was. Life can be so tough, busy and fast, but sometimes we need to go back to where it all began. I was walking through several blocks of streets and began to see bars, humble people putting clothes on the clothes-line, people gathering around the front porch of the house drinking beer, black people braiding each others hair and working on their dreadlocks, talking, laughing. And i thought to myself, what about me? where am I going? Then I think about how I have to make a change of tracks in my life, sort of like a train that is constantly changing rails does. I don't know anything about this life. I thought I knew what I would face straight ahead down the road, but I really don't.
Going back to my roots is a kind of trip to my inner person, where I felt I was safe and sound, where there were no obstacles or challenges. I'm not complaining about where life has taken me, I just think I need to go back to who I really am. To use my past experiences as a shield against the tough moments in life. Return to ourselves (in essence) is like taking strenght to reassert our personality, our life story, our honesty and carrying on, always being ourselves. We need to support ourselves based on our truth. When you're being yourself, is truly what makes things in life come naturally.

Um comentário: